My family

My family

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Learn to LOVE yourself

Many of my FB friends have posted a link to a powerful ad for women.  Have you seen it?  It is the Dove Real Beauty Sketches on YouTube.   (The link is listed at the end of this blog.) 

After watching it I started thinking of how hard I am on myself.  My husband is constantly telling me that he wishes I would see myself the way he sees me.  He is always full of compliments and loving remarks.  After he compliments I normally roll my eyes or completely ignore it.  Why?  Because he is my husband, he has to say those things, right?  I have said this to him and his response is that he doesn't HAVE to say it, he says it because he believes it.  Why do we as women do this to ourselves?  Why can't we see all the positive attributes that we bring?  We are our worst critics. 

For some of my friends I know you completely understand where I am coming from, for others I think you are shaking your head at me.  I know, I know, I hear you.  I am so very lucky to have all my jazzer-friends who have given me awesome words of wisdom throughout the years.  I promise to start listening and to stop obsessing on the negative.  I hope you will follow me with my promise and do the same for yourself.  We are all beautiful, inside and out, and need to start seeing what others see.

I love you all and thank you for all your kind words throughout the years.

 Check it out here - Dove Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment